Sunday, May 10, 2020

PHILVOCS Bulletin: 5.5 Earthquake Hits Luzon

Click here to visit the website.

I felt that.

At 3:18 AM a magnitude 5.5 earthquake rocked Metro Manila and southern Luzon. Its epicenter was just off the coast of Batangas City.

While I was watching YouTube, over a dozen of my friends started posting about it on social media. Judging from their strong reactions I could tell that most of them were living in apartment buildings.

My couch wiggled a little with one jolt and that was it. It felt like my dog jumped to sit beside me.

I immediately looked up to my chandelier and half full glass of water on the table, neither showed movement.  I knew right away that it wasn't strong in my area.

  • What if it was the so-called "big one"? (A magnitude 7.5)
  • Would we evacuate? 
  • Where would we go?
  • What if we had injuries?  
  • Where are our supplies and how will we be affected if the quake made them inaccessible? 

These are my 4AM thoughts. They should be yours too.

I took a quick look around the house checking for damage. Nothing. All is well.





Stay vigilant!


No comments:

Post a Comment