Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween Safety: Lead, Cadmium & Mercury Poisoning From Costumes?



Halloween is just around the corner! Everybody loves candy and costumes, but nobody likes cadmium, lead, or mercury. Any of those vile chemicals can turn your brain into mush. That is almost as bad as a zombie bite. 

Unfortunately, there are a lot of illegally imported costumes and props that contain unsafe levels of these things.  And its not just the clothes, be mindful of those cheap pumpkin buckets where you carry your sweets. I was horrified when I read about face-paint having high levels of lead. 

Lead, Cadmium, and Mercury are highly toxic even in minute doses, be mindful of the costumes you buy for your children. Exposure to any of these can result to severe irreparable damage. 

Please visit the EcoWaste Coalition to find out more on the products that they've tested. 

Don't turn your kids into zombies. 
Protect their brains from zeds and bad chems.


Stay vigilant!

Clip art from Clker.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey TZH! Thanks for sharing this information. I shared it on my post to keep parents & their children safe this Halloween season. (Post is here in case you want to see http://bit.ly/nHskji)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, thanks for posting me in Green Eggs & Moms! I'm a family man and I totally dig the articles. Stay safe dude!

    ReplyDelete