Saturday, November 26, 2011

Photos from the 19th Defense & Sporting Arms Show (part deux)


Yep. I went shopping. 

The 2nd part of this year's gun show has come to a close. I had my usual good time. Always fun to see old friends from the IPSC competitive scene, especially the Range Officers who make all the good times possible.

Click on the photos to zoom in.

The Israeli TAR-21, how I dream of this all the time. If I sold my Benelli I'd probably afford the one in the middle. :-(

Shooters Arms Manufacturing, Inc. features a semi-automatic 12-gauge shotgun that resembles the famous USAS-12 of South Korea.

The Rock Island Armory's MIG .22

As a whole, I feel that the Defense & Sporting Arms Show needs to step up its game for its 20th anniversary next year. It was a good exhibition but I feel that they need to break new ground. The big name companies are there like Jethro, Armscor, P.B. Dionisio, Trust Trade, Magnus, Twin Pines and more. However I think its time they choose a bigger convention center to feature a wider selection of vendors. 

Clockwise: The expensive but lovely SIG P238 .380 in rainbow finish, gold plated 20th Anniversary STI 1911, Ruger LCP vs Kel-Tec's P3AT, and the pink Taurus TCP.

I admire what the organizers have been doing over the years. The firearm safety and personal defense seminars are always top rate. If only we had more space, they could have way more speakers to tackle a lot of important topics. 


Knowledge is ammunition, and the organizers may be underestimating the potential attendance that could be generated from a more formidable lineup of speakers. From competitive sporting, safety, hunting, home defense, martial arts, celebrities, zombie killing, the sky is the limit. Putting these topics on the promotional poster and advertising campaigns will generate a lot of excitement. 



I'll send my suggestions to them alright. Looking forward to next year. Wohoo!




Stay vigilant!


2 comments:

  1. Yes, but the practical ones aren't. As you could see, the smaller ones below the Gold and Rainbow pistols cost around as much as your IPad 2. :-)

    ReplyDelete