Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Melee Weapons: Gerber APOCALYPSE KIT


Gerber is selling a limited quantity of its APOCALYPSE KIT. Its that nifty bunch of weapons that the kid found on season 2 of The Walking Dead. If you ask me, I'd grab the hatchet first, and then the Parang (machete) second. 

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this zombie-apocalypse marketing craze.
Its hard to separate the good stuff from the snake-oil gimmickry.

The good news is that I've had a lot of good times with Gerber products. Especially in my Boy Scout years. So if they wanna join the undead craze, fine with me.

The kit comes with the following goodies in a durable carry-bag thingy:

  • Gator Machete
  • Camp Axe II
  • Gator Machete Pro
  • Parang
  • LMF II Infantry
  • DMF Folder
  • Epic (a small serrated knife)

              Price: $349



Thing is, with just $100 bucks I could buy whole family a bunch of axes from Ace Hardware or True Value, and still have a lot of dough for other survival essentials. Like food, ammo, grappling hook, toothpaste, etc.

  • Will I buy the APOCALYPSE KIT? I'm on the fence because the price is a big factor.
  • Will I use the APOCALYPSE KIT if I found it somewhere? YES! They make quality stuff.

I'm sure Gerber's goods won't let you down. If you can spare the dough, go for it. Don't mind me, I'm balancing my modest budget on a wider range of survival gear for my whole family. 'Coz I'm cool like that.


REMEMBER: The best zombie killing weapons can do the job with a single blow. Extra hits suck. Time is life. 



Stay vigilant!


Thanks to my brother for the heads up on this gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment